Euraxess Rights protects the rights and obligations of researchers and contracting entities, providing the means to ensure an open and transparent labour market for researchers in Europe based on the following principles:
The European Charter for Researchers includes the general principles and requirements which specify the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of researchers and institutions that employ them or fund them. It is addressed to implement the scientific visa, social security and a transparent pension system.
The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers includes the general principles and requirements to be followed by entities that recruit researchers, such as transparency of the recruitment process, equal treatment of candidates, competitive terms in offers and so on.
Human Resources Strategy for Researchers
To facilitate the implementation of the European Charter and Code of Conduct (C&C), the European Commission (EC) launched the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R). This mechanism is a support tool to increase the transparency in the working conditions and the attractiveness of research institutions.
The EC provides a seal of excellence to entities which commit with this strategy through the following steps:
- The institution must perform an institutional self-assessment comparing their recruiting practices to the Code of Conduct.
- The institution must develop its strategy to recruit researchers with a specific action plan which must make it public.
- The EC reviews the strategy document and, if approved, it entitles to use the logo of HR Excellence in Research.
- The institution must perform a self evaluation every 2 years.
- The EC makes an external evaluation every 4 years.
The implementation is voluntary by the institutions concerned.
AGAUR endorsed to the C&C principles in December 2011 and has been recognized with the 'HR Excellence in Research' logo for its Action Plan in its Human Resources Strategy.
Catalan institutions who are interested in implementing the HRS4R may contact us at email@example.com.